To get started with this project, you need the following:
- ASP.Net 4 Framework
- Visual Studio 2010
- ASP.Net MVC 3
- MS SQL Server (or MS SQL Server Express)
Assuming, you satisfy the pre-requisites, follow the steps below to get started!
- Download the sBlog.Net sources and open it in Visual Studio
Launch MS SQL server, create a new database for use by your blog - as an administrator or a user who has db_creator privileges. If the database was created by the user that is going to be used in the web.config file, skip the following steps to give db_owner access.
- Then, if you don't already have a login, create a login
- Now, you need to provide access to the newly created database for the user you created in the previous step
- To do this, expand Security, then expand Logins, right click on the user your created, choose Properties
- In the dialog that appears, choose User Mapping
- In the right pane, select the database you created, check the checkbox corresponding to the new database
- In the Database role membership section, choose db_owner, click on OK
- Go to visual studio, expand the sBlog.Net project, open the web.config file and modify the connection string to use the new database, user you created
- Hit on Ctrl + F5, you will get to the setup screen. Just follow the on-screen instructions from now on!
Hope this post helped you in getting started with sBlog.Net!